EURES (EURopean Employment Services) is a cooperation network of public employment services in the European Union (EU) and the countries in the European Free Trade Association (EFTA). EURES aims to facilitate the mobility of workers within these countries.
EURES in a nutshell
The EURES European portal contains important information on living and working in Switzerland. The EURES portal provides information tools which aim to give help and support when considering moving to or recruiting from another country.
The EURES Switzerland advisers are your first point of contact for all questions relating to professional mobility and the Swiss labour market.
- Can EURES Switzerland help me find a job in Switzerland?
EURES Switzerland does not place people in jobs itself. However, the Job-Room section of this website allows you to access job vacancies published throughout Switzerland.
We recommend that you also sign up with private employment agencies.
- Can EURES Switzerland help me put together my CV?
EURES Switzerland does not offer this service. However, you can find all the information you need on putting together a good application for Switzerland here (see section ‘Applying for a job’).
- Can EURES help me find work in the EU/EFTA?
- Are you looking for work in an EU or EFTA member state and would like information about a particular country? You will find information on various countries here (in German, French and Italian only).
- On the EURES portal you will find the vacancies published in all countries of the EU/EFTA. You also have the option of uploading your CV here and searching for a job on the website directly.
- EURES advisers are on hand in all EU/EFTA countries to provide personalised information. The EURES advisers in your destination country can offer helpful advice on putting together an application file that is in line with the conventions of the local jobs market. For more information, you can contact the EURES adviser in the region in question. You will find the addresses at the following link: EURES - Search for EURES advisers - European Commission (europa.eu)
- EURES advisers report to the public labour market authorities. They are your first point of contact for all questions relating to the European labour market and professional mobility. In addition, every EURES adviser specialises in a particular European country, and can therefore provide very targeted information on that country.