Information service for unemployed peopleApplying for a jobInformation service for employersEURESMiscellaneous
- Arbeitslosigkeit - Ein Leitfaden für Versicherte (PDF, 240 kB, 05.07.2021)This explains the procedures and answers questions about the start of unemployment, counselling interviews and services of the Regional Employment Centres, through to registration at the unemployment insurance fund and general matters concerning health insurance.
- Arbeitsmarktliche Massnahmen: Ein erster Schritt zur Wiedereingliederung (PDF, 187 kB, 01.07.2021)The main points about reintegration in the form of labour market measures. A summary of the procedures, duties, entitlement and sources of information in the event of unemployment or imminent unemployment.
- Berufliche Vorsorge für arbeitslose Personen gemäss AVIG und BVG (PDF, 135 kB, 28.12.2020)The main points as a guideline about the occupational pension during unemployment. It is not possible to include all the details in an information sheet like this. In cases of doubt the law text always takes precedence.
- Insolvenzentschädigung (PDF, 131 kB, 01.07.2021)Answers to questions which can arise in connection with insolvency compensation. Useful information about the main steps for asserting wage claims to the employer and submitting the application.
- Leistungen bei Arbeitssuche im Ausland (PDF, 145 kB, 01.07.2021)Supplement to the Info-Service brochure “Unemployment” (no. 716.200). An overview for those looking for work in the EU or EFTA, and who would like to export their claim for unemployment benefit to those countries.
- Begleitschreiben (PDF, 3 MB, 12.12.2018)The first impression you leave behind: How should the application letter be laid out, what should the contents look like, what expressions are commonly used?
- Bewerbungsdossier (PDF, 2 MB, 12.12.2018)The key to success: How should one formulate the accompanying letter, what distinguishes a clearly presented CV, which education certificates and work references should be enclosed?
- Elektronische Bewerbung (PDF, 1 MB, 12.12.2018)What types of online job application are there, when are they effective, and what are the special points to note?
- Telefonische Bewerbung (PDF, 4 MB, 12.12.2018)The crucial first contact: What kind of preparation is necessary, how can the interview be structured, what are the points I should note?
- Vorstellungsgespräch (PDF, 3 MB, 12.12.2018)Confident and motivated – improve your chances of getting a job by a good presentation: How do I prepare myself, what should I know about, what course is the interview likely to take?
- Wie bewerbe ich mich richtig? (PDF, 3 MB, 21.03.2018)Practical tips for job seekers. With examples of a covering letter, a CV and a letter of reference. Information about applying by telephone and one’s conduct before and during a job interview.
- Kurzarbeitsentschädigung (PDF, 215 kB, 20.11.2017)The most important information about compensation for reduced working hours with a guide to filling in the claim form.
- Kurzarbeitsentschädigung für Heimarbeitnehmende (PDF, 197 kB, 20.11.2017)The main information about short-time compensation for those working from home, with examples of how to do the calculations.
- Schlechtwetterentschädigung (PDF, 269 kB, 01.07.2021)The most important information about compensation for periods of inactivity due to bad weather with a guide to filling in the claim form.
Living and working in the EU/EFTA
- Auslanderfahrung: eine Investition für Ihr Berufsleben. (PDF, 619 kB, 02.07.2019)Have you just finished your education? Nowadays, if you want to remain competitive, you have to continually develop your skills. Bolster your CV with some experience abroad! To take a professional step across the border requires a sense of adventure – and good organisation. This brochure only exists in German, French and Italian.
- Checkliste berufliche Mobilität (PDF, 524 kB, 02.07.2019)Preparing for a stay abroad and then emigrating represents a major organisational project and can be an emotional roller coaster. Many tasks have to be completed early on and in parallel, and it can be the case that your plans have to change more than once. You have to be flexible! Our checklist will help give you peace of mind. The Checklist for Swiss citizens emigrating to the EU/EFTA is available in our official Languages German, French and Italian.
- Leben und Arbeiten in der EU/EFTA (PDF, 956 kB, 27.11.2017)This brochure only exists in German, French and Italian.
- Ready to make the move? (PDF, 1 MB, 22.11.2017)This European Commission brochure is aimed at anyone considering the option of living and working abroad - or commuting to a neighbouring country as a cross-border commuter. It provides tips on searching for work and submitting applications in all EU member states as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
- Schweizerinnen und Schweizer in der EU (PDF, 552 kB, 27.11.2017)The approximately 30 pages of this publication from the FDFA (Federal Department of Foreign Affairs) contain information on the practical application of the Agreement on the Free Movement of Persons between Switzerland and the EU. This brochure only exists in German, French and Italian.
Living and working in Switzerland
- DER START INS BERUFSLEBEN (PDF, 1 MB, 27.11.2017)Have you just finished your education or are about to do so, and are looking for a job? Here you can find some tips on looking for a job as well as other useful links!
- Jetzt! Für beide Seiten ein Gewinn (PDF, 1 MB, 20.11.2017)Information for young people, young adults and employers, offerings in relation to starting work and employment.
- SuvaRisk / Broschüre (PDF, 261 kB, 08.12.2017)Information on everything from becoming unemployed right through to temporary earnings - key information on accident insurance during unemployment.