Cross-border commuters

Cross-border commuters are citizens living in an EU/EFTA country but working in Switzerland (employed or self-employed with company headquarters in Switzerland). As a rule, the person must return to their place of residence (abroad) at least once a week. Cross-border commuter permits are issued by the cantonal authorities where the person in question works.

More helpful information can be found on the following websites:

Germany – Switzerland – France
EURES-T Oberrhein

Austria - Germany – Liechtenstein – Switzerland
Arbeitsmarkt Bodensee

Italy – Switzerland
Brochures from the Bolzano - South Tyrol province

France – Switzerland
Maison transfrontalière
Netzwerk für grenzüberschreitende Fragen am Oberrhein
L'association des transfrontaliers franco-suisses