The ALK pays the daily unemployment allowance and is responsible for information concerning:
- entitlement to daily unemployment allowance;
- calculation of daily unemployment allowance (incl. temporary employment);
- termination of entitlement in the event of self-induced unemployment (e.g. if you leave your old job without having a new one)
During the process of registering with the RAV, you will be informed about the available public and private unemployment funds. You are free to choose any fund, but are then tied to this fund for the entire period (two years). You may only change the fund under certain conditions.
The fund will clarify your entitlement and then pay the relevant benefits each month. In order to receive unemployment benefits, you must provide your chosen fund with the following documents:
- the ʻApplication for unemployment benefitsʼ form
- employer’s certificates from the last two years
- other information required by the unemployment insurance fund
- the ʻPD U2ʼ form if you have come to Switzerland from an EU/EFTA country
Always submit the necessary details and documents as early as possible and in full, so that your unemployment insurance fund can determine and pay out the benefits to which you are entitled as quickly as possible.